- PED inspections and certifications
- inspections & expediting
- Drawings, calculations and mechanical design of pressure equipment and heat exchangers
- Iso 9001:2015 consulting services
- Type 3.2 requalifications of materials
- Plastic welder qualification
- Welder and braze operator qualification
- NDT operator certification (non-destructive testing)
- Thickness measurements
- Writing of technical dossiers in compliance with ped (2014/68/UE directive)
- Non destructive testing (NDT)
- Welding and welder qualification
- Brazing and brazer qualification
SEMCO GROUP is able to provide the appropriate support to the customer by performing all destructive and non-destructive tests aimed at the qualification of welding processes (WPS / WPQR) and related professional figures.
In addition, SEMCO GROUP can provide support in WPS / WPQR writing and for the achievement of the following certifications:
- UNI EN 1090-1 / -2: execution of steel and aluminium structures
- UNI EN ISO 3834-1 / -2: quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials
- UNI EN ISO 9606-1 / -2: qualification tests of welders
- UNI EN ISO 14732: welding personnel - qualification tests of welding operators and operators in charge of welding preparation for fully mechanised and automatic welding of metallic materials
WPS & WPQR: WHAT ARE THEY?
A WPS (Welding Procedure Specification) is a technical specification document which defines the modalities for the execution of welding, taking into account the different operating conditions.
The WPQR (Welding Procedure Qualification Record) is a report listing the results of all tests performed by the laboratory on the test joint and qualifying the company or the operator to make production joints following the instructions of the qualified WPS.
QUALIFYING WELDING: A KEY SUCCESS FACTOR FOR COMPANIES
The possibility to offer our customer welding performed by qualified technical personnel, using qualified procedures, allows the company to achieve high quality standards and to work with international leaders in the sector.
The qualifications of welding procedures and personnel are technical requirements referred to by various regulations (including the PED 2014/68/EU directive) and are included in the supply specifications of large companies (e.g. EPC Contractors, companies and institutes in the Oil&Gas sector).
SEMCO GROUP is authorised by various accredited bodies, recognised by ACCREDIA, to issue certification for welding processes, welders and welding operators in accordance with UNI EN ISO and ASME/AWS standards.
QUALIFICATION OF WELDERS AND WELDING OPERATORS
The professionalism of the figures who carry out welding operations is confirmed by the relative licence: the certification is valid for three years, but it is necessary to confirm the work continuity of the operator or welder every 6 months.
CERTIFICATION OF THE WELDING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The UNI EN ISO 3834 process standard defines the quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials: it is the main reference for the control of welding processes and represents an ideal complement to ISO 9001:2015 certification.
The harmonised standard UNI EN 1090 regulates the control of the production of structural components made of steel and aluminium and is mandatory in order to be allowed to apply the CE marking on the products manufactured, an essential requirement for their marketing in Europe. Furthermore, UNI EN 1090 also refers to other qualification standards for welding processes and operators, such as ISO 14732 and ISO 9606-1.