A cookie is a small text file in which a modest amount of data concerning the User’s activity on a Website is collected and placed on the device used to access the Website.
Cookies do not damage the device and ensure an enhanced and faster Website browsing. Any further data, such as any information that may allow us to send advertising messages, are stored upon User’s prior consent, provided via Website browsing or via mechanisms described here below.
Please read the information provided below to better understand cookies we use and how to manage your preferences concerning their use.
- Technical cookies (NOT requiring User’s prior consent): they are essential for Website operation and allow access to Website functions (aka browser cookies) and mostly are session cookies.
Functional cookies may be used as well to save User’s preferences and settings to improve User’s browsing experience on the Website (e.g. to remember a Website visitor as signed-up User when the “Remember me” functionality has been selected; to connect to the Website section in the selected language or based on the country the User accessed from; to remember User’s preferences concerning acceptance or non-acceptance of profiling cookies). In order to ensure their functionality and to remember User’s preferences, this type of cookies is not erased upon browser closing. Anyway, their maximum term is set (up to 2 years max) and once the pre-set time has elapsed these cookies are automatically deleted. Cookies hereof and any data collected thereby shall not be used for any further purposes. Technical cookies do not require User’s consent to be installed; technical cookies are automatically installed once the User accessed the Website or required any specific functionalities (e.g. by selecting “Remember me”). Technical cookies may be disabled by modifying browser settings. Anyway, in that case, it may happen that User cannot display the Website correctly.
- Profiling cookies (requiring User’s prior CONSENT): this Website also uses the so-called profiling cookies. The installation of this type of cookies requires User’s prior consent. In addition, upon browsing the Website, third parties’ cookies may be installed, provided User’s prior consent.
Any cookies defined by Personal Data Protection Authority as profiling cookies may include several cookie categories, e.g. profiling cookies for advertising purposes, retargeting cookies, Social cookies and analytics cookies not limited to aggregated statistics analysis.
- (i) Profiling cookies for advertising purposes: they create user profiles to serve ads that are in line with the preferences showed by users as they surf the Internet;
- (ii) Retargeting cookies: they send ads to offer products similar to the ones on which the User showed to be interested in (for example, they show products similar to the ones the User viewed on this Website when the User browsed on affiliated websites), or they allow to measure the efficacy of an advertising campaign by us or third parties;
- (iii) Analytics cookies: they track selections the User made on the Website or while browsing to carry out statistics analysis by us or by third parties, by tracking User’s preferences and behaviour online and to serve customised messages;
- (iv) Social cookies: the Website allows some social networks (for example, Facebook, Twitter) to install its cookies by using their plug-ins. This type of cookies is managed by the involved third parties directly and may be used to make User view advertising messages in line with User’s preferences on other websites.
If the User decides to erase technical cookies, we lose any tracking of User’s consent; therefore, upon the following visit, the cookie banner is displayed again. User is free to block the installation of profiling cookies (either third parties’ analytics, social, retargeting or profiling ones) or to revoke consent previously provided, at any time and without affecting Website access, visiting or use of the relevant contents.
To learn more about the above, please read information notices about third parties’ cookies by accessing the links listed in the table here below.
Enabling and disabling cookies
Any cookies (technical and profiling ones) The User can decide whether to provide consent to cookie enabling or not even by his or her browser settings. Anyway, it may happen that some Website functionalities could become non-operating in case one or more cookies are disabled (please remember that browsing cookies are essential for basic Website functionalities). The relevant settings can be checked and modified from browser preference window. Please select the browser you use from the list below to be provided with details about cookie settings.
Third parties’ cookies requiring User’s prior consent
The installation of third parties’ profiling, retargeting, analytics and social cookies as well as any other activity relating to such cookies, including data collection and processing, shall be managed by such third parties. To learn more about such cookies and to enable or disable them, please access the Information Notice provided by the following companies by clicking on the following links:
In addition, certain advertising networks allow User to deny consent to customized messages and communications. This will not prevent cookies from being installed but will suspend the use and collection of certain data by the network advertisers. Please note that, although such networks include many of the leading advertising companies, a third party that installs cookies via the Website may not belong to any such networks and, therefore, User may continue to receive cookies from the aforementioned third party.
For further details, please access http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/.